isardSAT Group (also known as isardSAT) is a group of Research & Development companies providing, since 2006, engineering and scientific remote sensing answers to its clients with special attention to altimetry and passive microwave missions (such as altimetry, radiometry, and SAR images). isardSAT Group is composed of isardSAT, S.L., Barcelona headquarters and a fully owned subsidiary, isardSAT Ltd., in Guildford.
isardSAT is involved in the design, calibration, and maintenance of civil remote sensing instruments, ranging from the development of algorithms for data processing to calibration after launch and maintenance of the instrument’s hardware until decommissioning, and is continuously improving its processing software well after that decommissioning phase.
isardSAT’s also performs studies for scientific applications with the data obtained by Earth Observation instruments, such as for hydrological, coastal, and cryosphere applications.
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our Space & Technology team at isardSAT UK office in Guilford. The primary role of the successful candidate will be to develop and support software within our projects with the European Space Agency or EUMETSAT, which include the development of ground processing chains in the field of Earth Observation, typically under Linux operating systems. These are most frequently developed using C/C++ and Python.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- A love for software, with good knowledge of C++ or Python languages
- A degree in Computer Science, Physics, Maths, or similar (graduate or final-year student)
- Knowledge of Linux environment
- Relevant experience in coding
In addition, the following personal skills are required:
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team, to communicate effectively with a range of people, to work to tight deadlines in a logical manner and with attention to detail
- Availability to travel occasionally
Any of the following would be beneficial to your application:
- Experience using Git
- Knowledge of containerisation using Docker
- GPU processing
- Interest in Space industry and/or Earth Observation
Please send your CV and a cover letter via email to Ester.Vendrell@isardSAT.co.uk, cc Mark.Pattle@isardSAT.co.uk and Gorka.Moyano@isardSAT.co.uk, quoting the job title.