isardSAT Group (also known as isardSAT) is a group of R&D SMEs providing, since 2006, engineering and scientific remote sensing answers to its clients with special attention to altimetry and passive microwave missions. isardSAT Group is composed of isardSAT, S.L., Barcelona headquarters and a fully owned subsidiary, isardSAT Ltd., in Guildford.
isardSAT is involved in the design, calibration, and maintenance of civil remote sensing instruments, ranging from the development of algorithms for data processing to calibration after launch and maintenance of the instrument’s hardware until decommissioning, and is continuously improving its processing software well after that decommissioning phase.
While isardSAT’s core expertise is the development of ground processing algorithms to process microwave instruments data, it also performs studies for scientific applications with the data obtained by Earth Observation instruments, such as for hydrological applications.
isardSAT has a wide experience successfully managing complex technical projects lasting several years as can be inferred from the increasing number of ESA-awarded projects since the company creation.
The candidate shall join the team to work on the effect dissemination of research activities and projects results towards the industry, scientific community, relevant organisations, and general audience. He/She shall support the researchers and project managers to better communicate, and work in collaboration with web developers and graphic designers. His/her tasks shall include, but shall not be limited to:
- Create stories, videos, and infographics
- Write press releases
- Manage communication with media and press offices
- Elaborate contents in different formats for project and company webpages
- Edit and maintain project and company webpages
- Prepare project leaflets, presentations, and other outreach material
- Manage project and company social media
- Organisation of workshops and meetings
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Science Degree or Journalism
- 2 years of relevant working experience in scientific communication
- Outstanding writing skills
- Good knowledge of graphic design tools and/or web design
- Good knowledge of Office (Word and PowerPoint)
- Interest in Science, Earth Observation and/or Space Industry
- Excellent level of English
- The ability to present the company and project information to the relevant organisations and stakeholders in a variety of formats
The following personal skills are required:
- An aptitude for problem-solving
- Able to work as an individual and as part of a team, to communicate effectively with a range of people, to work to tight deadlines in a logical manner and with attention to detail
Please send your CV and cover letter until 31 May 2022.